Top Ten Tuesday is a meme by The Broke and the Bookish.
This week's Top Ten Tuesday topic is "ten bookish facts about me".
1. I taught myself to read at the age of three; Up and Down is the first book I can remember. (I still have it--see below.)
3. My favorite genre has been mystery, for as long as I remember.
4. I love to read Victorian novels--the more melodramatic, the better.
6. I couldn't pick a favorite author to save my life (I could probably narrow it down to a top ten, though) but I have a definite favorite poet: John Donne. *swoon*
7. I am an audio book addict. I listen to them while housekeeping, showering/getting dressed, cross stitching, driving, shopping. . . sometimes even when trying to go to sleep. They have been a life saver for me, helping me to shut out destructive thoughts and focus on something positive.
8. My dream job would be to work in a library. (I did this as a teen and loved it.)
9. I use Project Gutenberg so often that I have a link to the site on my toolbar.
10. I snurled my nose at graphic novels until I read Gaiman's Sandman series. Now I know that graphic novels are legitimate literature and enjoy them.
|Morpheus a/k/a the Sandman|