Pages

Sunday, June 19, 2016

Sunday Salon: Returning to Blogging

Musing for this week's Sunday Salon.



Last week I decided, after a longer-than-intended hiatus, to return to reviewing books for Amazon Vine.   I've already reviewed two books (posted on here, too) and an iPhone accessory.  It feel nice to put my mind to a task like this again.  I'm also glad to revive this blog; I didn't realize until I started just how much I've missed blogging.

I also updated my Classics Club list.  It's funny how having a goal like that can make me so excited to read.  I'm really looking forward, after I finish my current ARC, to starting one of the classics from my list.


This was my June to-be-read pile, taken at the beginning of the month.  I've read two of the library books already.  The Curious Charms of Arthur Pepper was a 4.5/5 star read.  The Madwoman Upstairs was good, and it wasn't.  I'd give it 3 stars.  I took Agatha Christie's biography back to the library unread, because I found that I could get the audio book instead.  Since then, I've added a few more to the pile and had some holds come in for me at the library.  

Thus far, I've read six books this month and listened to three audio books.   I don't know if I'll finish the month at that pace, of course.

I've started another ARC, Half a Lifelong Romance.  I'm only a little into it, but am finding it slow and stilted.  The reviews are 30% 5 star and 60% 4 star, so I'm hoping it will get better.




No comments:

Post a Comment