Pages

Monday, January 10, 2011

A to Z Challenge

One last reading challenge for the 2011 year. I did this challenge a couple of years ago, when I was book blogging on another blog, and I loved it! The A to Z Challenge introduced me to authors I wouldn't have tried, as I filled up those hard to get letters. I'm excited to try it again.

How does this reading challenge work? Choose the option that works best for you...

Authors -- Read alphabetically by author. Commit to 26 books.
Titles -- Read alphabetically by title. Commit to 26 books.
Authors & Titles -- Commit to reading 52 books

The other time I tried it, I did both authors and titles; though I didn't complete it, I thoroughly enjoyed it and that's the option I am planning for again this year!

Author List:
A
Bradbury, Ray. Something Wicked This Way Comes (review)
Collins, Suzanne. The Hunger Games (review.)
Donoghue, Emma. Room. (review.)
Evans, Kirsti. Something Different About Dad. (review)
Flaubert, Gustave. Madame Bovary (review)
Gerritsen, Tess. The Surgeon (review)
Heyer, Georgette. Charity Girl (review)
I
J
King, Stephen. The Eyes of the Dragon. (review)
Leaming, Linda.  Married to Bhutan. (review)

Moore, Alan. League of Extraordinary Gentlemen, Vol. 1 (review)
N
O
P
Q
R
Snyder, Scott.  American Vampire. (review)

Turgeon, Carolyn. Mermaid: A Twist on the Classic Tale (review)
U
V
Willingham, Bill. Fables Vol. 2: Animal Farm (review)
X
Y
Z

Title List:
Apprenctice (the) by Tess Gerritsen. (review)
Britten and Brülightly by Hannah Berry. (review)
Calamity Jack by Dean and Shannon Hale; illustrated by Nathan Hale. (review)
Dune by Frank Herbert. (discussion)

Evil Genius (the) by Wilkie Collins. (review)
Fables Vol. 1: Legends in Exile by Bill Willingham, author and Lan Medina, illustrator. (review) 
G
Hold Me Closer, Necromancer by Lish McBride. (review)
In the Garden of Beasts by Erik Larson. (review)
Juniper Berry by M. P. Kozlowsky.  (review) 
King Solomon's Mines by H. Rider Haggard. (review)
Leavenworth Case (the) by Anna Katharine Green. (review)
Mystery of a Hansom Cab by Fergus Hume. (review)
N
Oryx and Crake by Margaret Atwood. (review)
Penelopiad (the), by Margaret Atwood. (review)

Q
Revenge of the Radioactive Lady (the) by Elizabeth Stuckey-French (review)
Sideways on a Scooter by Miranda Kennedy. (review)
Tiger Hills by Sarita Mandanna. (review)
U
Veils by Pat McGreal. (review)
We Need to Talk about Kevin by Lionel Shriver. (review)
X
Y
Ziska by Marie Corelli.  (review)

No comments:

Post a Comment