Pages

Wednesday, August 24, 2016

Top Five Wednesday: Books You Want to Read Before the End of the Year

Top Five Wednesday is a Goodreads group.

This week's topic is: Books You Want to Read Before the End of the Year.

I have a monstrous stack of books I'd like to read before the end of the year, due to out-of-control book buying in the past three months.  However, these are five that spring to mind.





Raise High the Roof Beam, Carpenters and Seymour: An Introduction  by J. D. Salinger
After rereading Catcher in the Rye, I'd like to immerse myself  in Salinger by reading this and the rest of the Nine Stories I've not yet read.







Circles: Fifty Round Trips Through History by James Burke
I've been in love with Burke's theories, discussions and personality since college.  Bryan got this for me for Christmas two years ago, and I've been slowly reading the stories.  I'd like to finish it this year, not to hurry through it, but so as to go on to another Burke I've got waiting.






The Tales of Beedle the Bard by J. K. Rowling
I know, I know. . . I should've read this years ago.  I didn't though, and didn't own it until this month.  Once I'm done with my Harry Potter audio book reread (currently on book two), I plan to read it.









The Time Machine by H.G. Wells
I've only read a children's abbreviated version of this influential classic.  I got a copy of it today, and intend to read it in the next few months.







To the Lighthouse by Virginia Woolf
This is a reread that's been on my to-be-read pile all year.  I remember not liking it as much as I liked all the other Woolf novels, so I wanted to give it another try.

No comments:

Post a Comment