Pages

Sunday, July 31, 2016

Sunday Salon: Finishing July

Musing for this week's Sunday Salon.


This past week, I  bought a copy of a Court of Mist and Fury from Target (I read a library copy) because the Target copy contained a bonus short story--which was awesome!  It was well worth buying the book to get it.  Besides, I enjoyed it enough to want to reread bits, if not the whole.  I plan to buy a Court of Thorns and Roses with a gift card I got for my birthday--again because I liked it enough to want to reread it.  (Just because I didn't give these two novels 5 stars doesn't mean that I didn't think the plots were just plain great!)

I got another order of (mostly) bookish stickers from RedBubble.  I'm so happy with them! My laptop looks awesome!  (The first photo is of the new stickers; the second is of the first set I got.  I now have them all on my laptop!)  My favorite is still a tie between the Fifth Doctor playing cricket, and River and Twelfth Doctor standing so close.




This month, I read 10 books and listened to 4 audio books.  My low number of audio books is because I've been listening to Agatha Christie's extremely long (but enjoyable) autobiography.
.
Here is what I read:
1. My Lady Jane by Cynthia Hand, Brodi Ashton and Jodi Meadows (4/5 stars)
2. The Black Dream by the Little Sisters (4/5 stars)
3. Red Queen by Victoria Aveyard (4/5 stars)
4. Every Exquisite Thing by Matthew Quick (5/5 stars)
5. A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. Maas (4/5 stars)
6. 100 Dresses: If the Magic Fits (ARC) by Susan Maupin Schmid (5/5 stars)
7. This Savage Song by Victoria Schwab (5/5 stars)
8. A Court of Mist and Fury by Sarah J. Maas (4/5 stars)
9. Shadow and Bone by Leigh Bardugo (3/5 stars)
10. The Uncommoners: A Crooked Sixpence by Jennifer Bell (4/5 stars)
.
Here are the audio books I finished:
1. Thou Shell of Death by Nicholas Blake (4/5 stars)
2. Cinder by Marissa Meyer (3/5 stars)
3. The Water Room by Christopher Fowler (4/5 stars)
4. Scarlet by Marissa Meyer (4/5 stars)


No comments:

Post a Comment