Pages

Tuesday, July 12, 2016

Top Ten Tuesday: Ten Bookish Facts About Me



Top Ten Tuesday is a meme by The Broke and the Bookish.

This week's Top Ten Tuesday topic is "ten bookish facts about me".

1. I taught myself to read at the age of three; Up and Down is the first book I can remember.  (I still have it--see below.)



2.  I became an avid Trixie Belden fangirl as a preteen.  For my 40th birthday, I bought myself the complete set, used-like-new.  They were the exact printing as the ones I wore out as a kid.

3.  My favorite genre has been mystery, for as long as I remember.

4.  I love to read Victorian novels--the more melodramatic, the better.

John Donne
5.  I enjoy reading novels classified as "classics", and most of my favorite authors come from that genre.

6.  I couldn't pick a favorite author to save my life (I could probably narrow it down to a top ten, though) but I have a definite favorite poet: John Donne.  *swoon*

7. I am an audio book addict.  I listen to them while housekeeping, showering/getting dressed, cross stitching, driving, shopping. . . sometimes even when trying to go to sleep.  They have been a life saver for me, helping me to shut out destructive thoughts and focus on something positive.

8.  My dream job would be to work in a library.  (I did this as a teen and loved it.)

9. I use Project Gutenberg so often that I have a link to the site on my toolbar.

10. I snurled my nose at graphic novels until I read Gaiman's Sandman series.  Now I know that graphic novels are legitimate literature and enjoy them.
Morpheus a/k/a the Sandman







2 comments: